PE and Sports Grant
SPORTS GRANT EVALUATION 2019 – 2020
SPORTS GRANT 2019 – 2020
RAINBOW PRIMARY SPORTS PREMIUM EXPENDITURE PLAN 2018-19
RAINBOW PRIMARY EVALUATION OF IMPACT OF SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING 2017-18
Rainbow Primary achieved the Gold Accreditation for our commitment to the development of sports competitions within school and the community.
Rainbow Primary School Sports Vision:
All pupils leaving primary school will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in the school.
Indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- An increased participation in competitive sport.
Our aim is to provide the following
- Give all children opportunities to participate in 2 hours of PE each week
- Delivering and experiencing a wide range of physical activities, which include gymnastics, dance, swimming, outdoor and adventurous games, striking and fielding games, invasion games, net and wall games and athletics.
- Developing and continuing with ‘health and fitness’ through promoting being active and eating healthily as well as carrying out fitness test to measure children’s fitness levels.
- Developing children’s own physical development.
- Identifying children who show talent or are ‘Gifted and Talented’.
- Opportunities for children to develop confidence, self-esteem and team work skills.
- Giving children opportunities to participate in a range of sports and activities, which they would not otherwise have access to e.g. Football, Biking, Cricket, Hockey, Gymnastics and Dance
- To be inclusive so that all children have access to fun sporting activities which are appropriate for their needs
- To identify children with sporting talents and potential and make links with other agencies and clubs to aid with their future development
- To celebrate success at whatever level the children are participating
- For children to develop skills and attitudes which are transferable and can be drawn upon in their future life and current school work:
- A sense of personal challenge
- Co-operation and collaboration
- Fair play
- Respect for self and others
- Valuing every contribution
- Learning to win and lose
Measuring Pupil Impact
- Pupil Feedback
- Pupil Interviews
- Pupil Evaluations/Feedback
- Lesson Observations/Monitoring
- Assessment of skills at the end of each term
- Increase in club participation – which is evident as number of participants increase from 2017 to current
- Increase in competitive games though intra and inter competitions as well as friendly games
KS2 Swimming Results
|% of pupils who can:
Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
Use a range of strokes effectively
Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
View Safeguarding Policy
Rainbow Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every pupil both inside and outside of the school premises.
Rainbow Primary School implements a whole-school preventative approach to managing safeguarding concerns, ensuring that the wellbeing of pupils is at the forefront of all action taken. We expect all staff, Trust, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment and maintain a safe environment.