PE and Sports Grant
SPORTS GRANT 2019 – 2020
RAINBOW PRIMARY SPORTS PREMIUM EXPENDITURE PLAN 2018-19
RAINBOW PRIMARY EVALUATION OF IMPACT OF SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING 2017-18
Rainbow Primary achieved the Gold Accreditation for our commitment to the development of sports competitions within school and the community.
Rainbow Primary School Sports Vision:
All pupils leaving primary school will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in the school.
Indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- An increased participation in competitive sport.
Our aim is to provide the following
- Give all children opportunities to participate in 2 hours of PE each week
- Delivering and experiencing a wide range of physical activities, which include gymnastics, dance, swimming, outdoor and adventurous games, striking and fielding games, invasion games, net and wall games and athletics.
- Developing and continuing with ‘health and fitness’ through promoting being active and eating healthily as well as carrying out fitness test to measure children’s fitness levels.
- Developing children’s own physical development.
- Identifying children who show talent or are ‘Gifted and Talented’.
- Opportunities for children to develop confidence, self-esteem and team work skills.
- Giving children opportunities to participate in a range of sports and activities, which they would not otherwise have access to e.g. Football, Biking, Cricket, Hockey, Gymnastics and Dance
- To be inclusive so that all children have access to fun sporting activities which are appropriate for their needs
- To identify children with sporting talents and potential and make links with other agencies and clubs to aid with their future development
- To celebrate success at whatever level the children are participating
- For children to develop skills and attitudes which are transferable and can be drawn upon in their future life and current school work:
- A sense of personal challenge
- Co-operation and collaboration
- Fair play
- Respect for self and others
- Valuing every contribution
- Learning to win and lose
Measuring Pupil Impact
- Pupil Feedback
- Pupil Interviews
- Pupil Evaluations/Feedback
- Lesson Observations/Monitoring
- Assessment of skills at the end of each term
- Increase in club participation – which is evident as number of participants increase from 2017 to current
- Increase in competitive games though intra and inter competitions as well as friendly games
KS2 Swimming Results
|% of pupils who can:
Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
Use a range of strokes effectively
Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations