Vision and Values
‘Be the best you can be’
To be an outstanding and inclusive school, where every child has every opportunity to achieve and progress, every day.
To equip all Rainbow pupils with the academic and character skills they need to excel in a competitive world and to serve as the next generation of leaders for their communities.
Through positive professional relationships, underpinned by openness, honesty, trust and respect, and through the sharing good practice and collective responsibility, Rainbow School aims:
- To raise standards, accelerate progress and narrow gaps in achievement in order to secure the very best outcomes for all pupils at Rainbow School, in terms of their learning, personal development and well being;
- To ensure that all children are happy, develop healthy lifestyles and are safe;
- To promote high expectations and aspirations, celebrate all learning and achievement and develop successful life long learners;
- To secure the active and positive involvement and support of parents, carers and families and other partners in our local and wider communities in order to promote and secure excellence in terms of pupils’ achievement and aspirations;
- To develop an understanding of and respect for a wide range of religious values, languages and cultural traditions;
- To providing a high quality, broad, balanced and personalised curriculum that is inclusive and promotes the progress of all;
- To be a Centre of Excellence where children and families new to the UK, new to the English Language or new to education, or all of these, have access to high quality learning opportunities and other relevant support, so that they can make rapid progress in terms of their learning and their lives;
- To help all individuals regardless of their race, gender or disability to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential and become positive and valued citizens.
Commitment to Cohesion
At Rainbow we passionately believe that our school will positively contribute to community cohesion, raising standards of achievements, instilling cultural understanding, improving inclusiveness and respect between communities, helping people live and work together in harmony across our culturally rich and plural society.
Five key principles underpinning Rainbow vision are:
- Raising Standards
Rainbow school has explicitly defined and measureable, high expectations for academic achievement and conduct that make no excuses. School leaders, teachers, pupils and parents will collectively re-enforce a culture of achievement and support through a range of formal and informal rewards and consequences for academic effort and behaviour.
- Partnership and Commitment
Parents and their children will have made a choice to be at Rainbow School. We expect that everyone must make and uphold a commitment to the school and to each other, to devote the time and effort required to achieve success.
- Excellent Teaching
For us “it is all about teachers”, who are inspirational and dynamic, with a determination to do the right thing, have high expectations, apply rigorous standards and are results orientated.
- Dynamic Leadership
At Rainbow we believe that there are no great schools without great leaders. Our leaders will be highly effective and inspirational role models who will dynamically manage their teams.
- Emphasis on Achievement
At Rainbow we will relentlessly focus on each pupil’s progress and achievement preparing them to maximise their potential.